Thursday, July 23, 2009

So I have a new crush...

And I mean "crush" in the most hetero, man-tastic way possible. Said crush is the band Steel Panther, which some of you may remember as the band Metal Skool (of Drew Carey's "Cleveland Rocks" fame) or Danger Kitty from the infamous Discover card commercial HERE.

While it seems amazing to me that a band that has been the recipient of the "Best Tribute Band in the Universe" award (All Access Magazine) should have escaped my noticed, that's not even the most incredible part. In addition to being glam-tastic (and as a child of the 80's, this is something I can appreciate), these dudes are fuckin hilarious. Okay, once again: how have I never heard of them?




These are the guys that have relesed albums titled Love Rocket, Hole Patrol (no, I'm not kidding) and Feel the Steel. Thier singles include the 2005 hit Fat Girl (Thar She Blows) and the recently released Community Property, the song that actually led to my discovery of these guys.

Said song includes such heartwarming lyrics as:

I would give you the stars in the sky
But they're too far away
If you were a hooker, you'd know
I'd be happy to pay
If suddenly you were a guy
I'd be suddenly gay

It goes on and gets better. But the video is truly epic. Check it out, yo. Crank it up and rock out, but know that it's NSFW. Cheers!

**Follow-up edit. It looks like the embedding was disabled by the by the artist, but you can still peep the video HERE.

1 comment: