Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Living the Dream...

I've hated Christmas for years. I went home to Cali for the Holidays last year and I'm pretty positive that was the first time I truly enjoyed Christmas since 1995.

I'm not 100% sure what's going on but--somehow--things seem different this year. Maybe it's perspective; I've gained a helluva lot of it in the last year. Maybe it's just because I'm happier with myself than I've been in a long time. Whatever, I find myself getting into the spirit of things far more than I have in the past.

I broke my foot last weekend. For some reason I thought that kicking a snowman sounded like a good idea. Unfortunately, it wasn't just a simple snowman, but a fucking ice sculpture that someone had sprinkled snow over. Yeah, like 90 lbs of solid ice. Needless to say, the ice didn't give, but I have the dislocated big toe and two cracked metatarsals to show that my foot did.

DON'T DO IT!


So I've got a cast on my foot and I'm motoring around on crutches for the next couple of weeks or so. NBD. The reality is, that little tangent aside, I've got it made. I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. I love my job. I love the people in my life. I love the direction my life seems to be going. But one thing I've come to be more cognizant of is that even when the destination looks sweet, you gotta enjoy the journey.

And I am, my friends. I'm enjoying every minute of it. Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment